12.09.2008

Wings of the Goddess: Quality, not Quantity

To whom it may concern:

Tinyb

I have to say that the storyline for Wings of the Goddess continues to dazzle me. With memorable characters, brilliant choreography, and the requisite tantalizing cliffhanger, this update brought us a brief, yet engaging addition to the extant missions. It really is amazing how much the development team has been able to do with largely existing material.

My one complaint is precisely its brevity. These missions took me four hours at most, with only two portions requiring a small group. If this is in fact the "climax" of the story, I worry that a lot of details will not be fleshed out before its conclusion.

I appreciate that SE is bringing down barriers to players enjoying the story, but one cannot help but wonder if perhaps we still could be getting a more comprehensive experience; the WotG missions unfortunately still lack the air of significance that Chains of Promathia had and has been greeted with much less interest than Treasures of Aht Urhgan. It is quite possible that in the next update (when we likely gain access to "Walk of Echoes") we will see greater enthusiasm for WotG in general.

By the way, I decided not to post the more tantalizing screenshots I took primarily because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone. Let me just say that these do not do justice to the cinematics you will be seeing, and of course the associated plot twists.

WaitingAt the ready!
Everbloom Hollow
Nyzulfail

-Eremes

P.S. Lilisette is amazing.

2 comments:

Omari said...

nooo you did the missions without meeeee ; ;

Vagu'Stae said...

*procrastinates*

I still gotta do the missions. Walk of Echoes looks pretty damn cool, though.