6.24.2010

The End of an Era - Moving On

Apparently, Cimicine Discharge + Blazing Bound = Dual Wield, and Demoralizing Roar + Acrid Stream = Double Attack. Really, Square-Enix gave BLU everything it needed in this update. Now, it's a vert-less RDM with more Traits and more MP-efficient damage. Lord knows I'm just a complacent person; I was already thrilled to be a Blue Mage before this, but now everyone will want to be one. I was a Blue Mage before it was cool.

But honestly, I think it's about time for me to move on. Real life and all that. Two close friends of mine have also decided to quit, and I don't want to repeat the experience of the last year. I got so used to being alone that it never really occurred to me that there's a world outside that I, too, can be a part of.

To all my friends and the readers of this blog: FFXI is changing. Some of us can't keep up with it, but I believe it's for the best. The stodgy old world is dying, newer players are taking over. Ironically, I should be riding the tide, but I've gotten far too attached to the status quo and its newly-found discontents. Without them, this is just another video game to me.

And no, you can't have my stuff. I want it buried with me like an Egyptian Pharaoh.

2 comments:

RinZhu said...

D: what!? D:
;-;

Anonymous said...

I Wish you the best!!!
That big world really is a very grand place.

Taal