9.11.2009

Messing with Bune

Last night, a couple of friends of mine agreed to come kill Ungur for Nolard's boomie. On the way over, we both somehow managed to completely pass Bune, prancing around big as day. Luckily, Cyp wasn't so oblivious. c.c

Too bad the kitty didn't put out:
So, I got to test out my nuking gearset on him. Conclusion: Needs more INT. I didn't get a single resist, either on the spell damage or the Bind effect, so accuracy wasn't an issue. Regurgitation damage was about 350, 150 below Rapakya's. I know for a fact I'm at least 15 INT below my cap in gear, I didn't use food, and I totally forgot to set the Magic Attack Bonus trait, so I suspect I could get some pretty badass Regurgitations if I complete this gearset.

I think the only problem right now is the lack of MP. I did get Aspir and low-MP cost spells to cover that, but even so, I can't find a very good balance between MP and potency as of yet.

I also suspect with refresh drinks, I could probably solo Bune >.>... Regurgitation, Disseverment and Eyes On Me would make some pretty quick work of him.
...

5 comments:

HART said...

Hmm, if you had that MAB and the extra 15 INT, *I think* your regurgitations would average about 450 damage unresisted, which is pretty close to Rapakya's ;o

That's some good stuff!

Eremes said...

You forget also: Creampuffs.

I'm fairly certain I can get 120+ INT if I can get some INT in my ear, ring and ranged slots.

I could also use a Bugard Strap +1.

Kyte said...

Definitely get bugard strap +1. Forget what other people said and get Mahatma Slops. Sorry, but potency > MP in a true endgame setting. Focus on potency increasing stats, then add in magic accuracy/skill once you get a feel for your target.

Example:

Tinnin and the final floor Behemoth in limbo do require the +20 skill in my experiance, although I think with an Omega Ring and Sturm report you could keep in Errant/Mahatma Hat instead.

I'm typically an Eyes on Me user, so this wouldn't work as well for me- but Denali boots are another good place to potentially work on some magic accuracy for INT/MND spells. For whatever reason, you've neglected to notice that they give +3 MND +3 INT +3 magic accuracy, at the expense of 2 MAB over Yigit.

One other thing to keep in mind: Anecdotal evidence, and really the whole way BLU is designed, suggest to me that +stats do *not* increase magic accuracy like they do for black/white magic. Rather, magical blue magic (god that sounds so redundant) are more similiar to magical WS in the way their damage is calculated.

Second, with the setup I'm guessing you have, I would go for Mind Blast rather than Eyes on Me in a solo attempt- although really, I would probably be conservative and stick to Regurgitation only (offense wise).

Kyte said...

Hmm not super sure why you're not even testing out Errant body/AF+1 head either versus these targets. Remember- While I would probably go ahead and use Ixion Cloak for Eyes on me if I didn't need the +15 or 20 skill, I would certainly at least try and see if I could get away with the +15 INT/MND for Regurgitation. If you want the Refresh, you can just idle in Mirage.

Eremes said...

It's 2 INT/MND for 5 Magic Accuracy.

I can hit 120+ INT while still using Ixion, though I suppose every little bit counts.

I also like Ixion's Regen effect, coupled with an Orochi Nodawa, to counteract Sublimation's DoT. With Metallic body, because my net DoT is 0, I can rest indefinitely while charging Sublimation.

I'll test it out nontheless tho :P