9.12.2010

Your New Endgame Build Just In

Cannonball is a beloved favorite of Blue Mages because it can be cast at such a great distance from the target. However, as I have mentioned in previous posts, Cannonball will eventually die because its damage will eventually cap. It appears, however, that Cannonball is already dead, and in its place, we have Benthic Typhoon.

Don't quote me on this, because I have yet to see it in action myself, but a Sneak Attack/Efflux/Chain Affinity'd Benthic Typhoon can hit upwards of 3000 damage. By comparison, 300% TP (or Azure Lore) Cannonball would do, at most, about 2000 damage to your typical HNM thoroughfare. Additionally, Benthic Typhoon closes Darkness and also produces Defense Down.

It seems like this could be the new /THF toy for Endgame Blue Mages. The range of Cannonball may stay useful for highly-controlled HNM situations, but chances are this, and possibly future spells, will take the cake.

2 comments:

Zeota said...

It was a matter of time before this would happen with our beloved Cannonball. I'm excited to see what kind of numbers we can crank out with benthic typhoon. I am sad, however that I can't use it on any big stuff right now. Back to leveling DNC once I get my other jobs to 85.

Eremes said...

I would love to see some Benthic Typhoon in action. I've heard even Quad. Continuum is strong enough to be used on HNM, but we'll have to see.