1.31.2010

Internet Interaction: A Conundrum

Oh, I do love calling on friends for favors. It's such a delight. On occassion, it's a chance to reconnect with someone you haven't spoken to in months. Other times, it's a valuable lesson in internet ettiquette:

>>Xxxxx Hey 
Xxxxx>> Hey!
>>Xxxxx Can you help me out with X 
Long, Awkward, Meant-to-be-Taken-as-AFK Pause
>>Xxxxx So, I'll take that as a no.
 Xxxxx>> No time
>>Xxxxx I didn't even say when
Xxxxx>> "Don't gimme your shit" (And the guilty conscience momentarily comes out)
>>Xxxxx Get over yourself
Xxxxx>> What have I even said? (You said, 'Don't gimme your shit.' Pushing = giving shit)
Xxxxx>> "Yeah, I don't want to help you, it's not like I have to" (Did I say you did?)
>>Xxxxx You used to be kind of a nice person, idk what happened
Xxxxx>> "I'm still nice, just what you're saying is dick" (Who are you trying to convince?)
Added to Blacklist.

There's one thing you should know about me and that is there is nothing that pisses me off more than being ignored, especially when you're this bad at it. You're not sparing anyone's feelings by ignoring them, and, shockingly, it's actually less rude to say 'no' to someone. But, since this is the Internet, civility is far too left field for most people; it's always easier to be a pussy.

But I do see your point. Why would anyone do anything they didn't have to? It's not like people have friends or anything. Still, a straight answer would be nice, or at least a less transparent excuse. It's no longer clever in e-etiquette to immediately respond when there are no obligations involved, and then immediately go 'AFK' when there might be. Lrn2Internet.

4chanspeke aside, enjoy being a calcified husk of a human being. You go and continue to be 'nice' to the people who believe, or at least don't mind, your safety net of excuses. And by all means, you show me a lesson by crying back to your LS about how much of a dick I was to you for catching your timeless, never-fail Jedi Mind Trick of pretending to be AFK.

I'm almost flattered to get so much attention.


P.S. go to Hell.

No comments: