3.26.2010

Thining Thummer Thuplex

Wow, so I kind of forgot about this, but while I'm here, let me chew your ear (or, in this case, your EYE) off about all the news!

So, um... Ayd finished Gungnir, which is neato because Additional Effect: Weakens Defense saves me 3 set points and makes me feel uber. It's ubrosity by osmosis, really. Congratulations, Ayd!

Wings of the Goddess, thus far, has been excellent. This expansion continues to deliver while keeping the requirements relatively light. The cast is really starting to grow on me, a lot more than say, the cast of CoP did. I'm a little worried the final battle will pull a U-turn like ToAU did, but let's hope by then, 80Cap will make it feasible for certain lighter DDs to participate.

We finally got around to killing Odin tonight. He's a bit of an assclown. I know Square-Enix's new thing is making enemies that inflict 5000 status effects to get those WHMs busy, but it's kind of obnoxious for blink tanking, which apparently SE has outlawed in all of its newer events. Oh, he also is immune to stun and flash. :D

 As for the Magian weapons, I both love and hate the idea. Love because it affords us an array of solid weapons for free with effects we've never seen before. Hate because Dual-Wielders may have to make 2 of each. BLU in particular can benefit from Fire, Thunder and Dark Swords, not to mention DMG and Occ. Attacks Twice paths. 

The DMG path gives us a whooping 47 DMG sword with only 236 Delay. That's 11.95 DPS, highest we have access to and isn't TP dependent like Perdu. Furthermore, dual-wielding Dark Swords is equivalent to a NQ staff, but with DD potential and +60 MP. I'm definitely interested in at least making a Fire weapon, but eventually I'd like 2 Dark Swords as well for breath spells and debuffs. Thunder I am on the fence about, though ~10 Accuracy on a sword with passable DPS is pretty boss. I personally do not like the Ice weapon simply because I feel like using it is like trying to spread yourself too thin. In these cases, I'd simply forgo my already weakened DPS/damage and use a staff.

Currently @81 of Trial 17 and 59 of Trial 164. Hit me up if you wanna team up!
......

No comments: